Over the last 20 years I have met with thousands of clients. What I find is that the majority of those clients who are 10 years or closer to retirement have the same questions and concerns. One of my core specialty areas in Income Planning. There are many ways to generate income in retirement. Common strategies include using investments to generate interest, a spend down or bucket approach, systematic withdrawal plans etc. We take time to understand your preferences then layout the options and discuss the pros and cons of each to help craft a plan that you are most comfortable with. Other questions I get from retirees include:
- How much money can I withdrawal from my portfolio every year?
- How do I mitigate the risk of not running out of money?
- What accounts should I withdrawal from first or last?
- Should I take social security now or wait?
- What strategies do people use to generate income in retirement?
- Have I saved enough toward retirement?
- What strategies are available to reduce taxes in retirement?
- Do I need Long term care insurance?
- How much should I estimate to pay for Health Care during my life and how does that impact my overall plan?
- Are annuities good or bad and does an annuity make sense for me?
I am a specialist in working with pre retirees and Baby Boomers in answering these questions. We go through the financial planning process to answer your questions and create a customized plan to achieve your goals. We also use risk management techniques to mitigate common pitfalls in retirement.